Halloween events in Vancouver aren’t just about putting on your costume on October 31st; it’s about celebrating the spooky fun all month long.
Here’s a round-up of this year’s spookiest Halloween happenings.
1. Fright Nights at the PNE (Oct. 10- Nov.1): Vancouver’s Playland Is converted into a haunting amusement park completed with scary rides, spooky scarers and haunted houses, including the brand new haunted house “The Keepers Doll Factory”.
Official website: http://www.pne.ca/fright-nights/
2. Haunted Vancouver Trolley Tour (Oct. 15 – 31): Hop on board a trolley for a narrated tour of Vancouver’s scariest sites; streets and homes, which seem normal, but if you listen close enough you will hear echoes of devastating events.
You’ll hear tales of the Castelanni Milkshake Murder, The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver’s Lady in Red and more.
Official website: http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/tours/seasonal/haunted-halloween
3. Stanley Park Ghost Train (Oct. 10 – Nov. 1): This train takes its passengers on a journey through a mystical and magical world. You’ll get to experience a chilling production of Alice in Nightmareland and a haunted petting zoo.
Official website: http://vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/ghost-train.aspx
4. A Halloween sleepover at the Vancouver Aquarium (Oct. 24): Join the Vancouver Aquarium for a spooky fun filled adventure through the galleries. Go trick or treating on a tour to find the elusive ghost of a former aquarist. You’ll end the night in Arctic Canada with the magical Beluga Whales.
Official Website: http://www.vanaqua.org/experience/activities/sleepovers/family-themed
5. Haunted Village at the Burnaby Village Museum (Oct. 23-26): Spirits will be haunting, spectres creeping and crows will be everywhere in this recreated village with the theme of crows and Victorian steam punk.
Official Website: http://www.burnabyvillagemuseum.ca/EN/main/visit/events/events/haunted-village.html
6. Halloween costume ball (oct. 31): Now in its 8th year, the Halloween Costume Ball has become a legendary event in Vancouver and the spookiest place to party! Spend this Halloween with 1,000 select people, decked out in the sexiest, spookiest costumes, all while overlooking beautiful False Creek and the Olympic Village.
Official Website: http://twisted.ca/CostumeBall
7. Vancouver Halloween Parade and Expo (Oct. 18-19): Join the Vancouver Parade and Expo with marching bands, vehicles and floats dressed up a supernatural creature, your favorite hero or villain from films, comics, games, sci-fi and myths.
Official website: http://www.vanhalloween.com/ihc/event/vanhalloween/en-us/index.php?cpcode
8. Gravecouver Haunted House at Metrotown in Burnaby (opening oct. 10): Experience your worst fears and nightmares at the Gravecouver Haunted House. An indoor house where the dead shall rise and the living shall be their prey. Features 13 individual scary rooms with rides, zombies and more.
Official website: http://gravecouver.ca/
9. Pumpkinfest (Oct. 5): Enjoy some good old fashion family fun. Activities include pony rides, cow milking, pig walking, free swim and much more. There will also be a Home and Harvest competition!
Official Website: http://westvanpumpkinfest.ca/#!/pumpkinfest_2014
10. Halloween on the Heights (Oct. 31): A great opportunity for families to dress up and trick or treat. It’ll be a safe, fun celebration of a good spooking. Fireworks will light up the sky at Gilmore Community School.
Official Website: http://www.burnabyheights.com/events/halloween-on-the-heights/